Last month our Broker Bay system recorded 4213 showings booked on properties in Georgina. Our province declared a lockdown that started April 3rd. How do you sell your home, and make sure your family is safe during this time?
There are a few ways in which we keep our Sellers safe while selling their homes.
- Holding an "Exclusive Coming Soon" period for about a week prior to putting your home on MLS. This not only allows us to prepare your home for marketing, but the Coming Soon period gives time for buyers to qualify or disqualify your property before booking a showing. Normally in the Spring, stats show that 75% or more showings are from people who are "just-looking". This exclusive period gives time for those people to inquire about the property prior to it being listed for sale.
- We screen everyone! Our office policy is to have every showing agent sign a COVID 19 declaration form so that we do not willingly permit people who have been exposed to enter your home.
- Once showings start on your home, we make mask-wearing mandatory while on your property. We also provide hand sanitizer for people to use as they come in. We have suggested to people we know who have a cottage, or a family member nearby, that they vacate the premises for 48-72 hours while we hold showings.
- Scheduling offer presentations on a single day so you can review them all at once. Our market is in a Seller's market. The average home sold at 108% of asking price last month. Most homes are getting multiple offers. We are confident, if your house is priced right, you will have at least a few to choose from.
- We provide buyers with more digital options; online flyers, virtual tours, Docusign for Offers, and EFT for deposits, to name a few.