3 ways to hit your game-day eats out of the park!
Saturday Jun 10th, 2017
From the national anthem to the ninth inning, you're sure to work up an appetite cheering for your favourite baseball team. If you can't take your family out to the stadium, bring the ballpark to your backyard with these easy and affordable tips for a fun weekly family tradition:
1. Get cozy outside. Watching the innings at home? Take your family outside to view the game in your own outdoor theatre. Hang a white sheet on a clothesline, gather comfy lawn furniture and get out a projector.
2. Create custom cocktails for maximum team spirit. Let out your inner mixologist with unique drinks that shine the spotlight on your sport. Mix in fun flavours, freeze fruit in your ice, and add team colours to the drink. Don't forget to create kid-friendly mocktails as well.
3. Serve meals fit for a hero. You can't go wrong with the classic hot dog, served up just like they do at the Rogers Centre. Created by Toronto Jays pitcher Marcus Stroman, the “Stro Dog” is sure to be a homerun with your t-ball star.
The Stro Dog
Prep Time: 5 Minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
• 4 Wonder Ball Park Classics hot dog buns
• 4 chicken wieners, steamed or grilled
• 4 slices cooked bacon
• 1/2 small red onion, caramelized
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) honey mustard
• 1/4 cup (60 mL) ketchup
1. Caramelize onions in frying pan. Cook bacon until desired crispiness.
2. Nestle a wiener and 1 bacon piece in each bun. Sprinkle caramelized onions, and drizzle with honey mustard and ketchup.
Find more recipe inspiration online at www.facebook.com/150bunsofsummer.